POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:37:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Feb 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.63ea863713ac33281f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Getting google to properly index the site is a constant battle. I have done all they
say I should do and set everythi
ng up using their webmaster tools. All I can do is wait and hope that they catch up.
It's difficult in that google may
say one thing but do another; this is part of the never-ending battle between search
engines and those who would wish t
o influence the results/come out at the top for a query.

> I spent probably a full day working on this on and off using various of the
google-suggested methods and thought I ha
d it sorted. But clearly if stuff is missing then I need to re-visit it.

I don't know anything about what software this newsgroup is running on or web
development in general,  but I've used other forums that were set up on Drupal
or Simple Machines, or other forum software like that - some by people who I
can't really say had very much tech expertise at all (I have no idea if they had
help) and those forums had "internal search" tools/plugins/features that didn't
seem to rely on an outside search engine to provide the results.

When looking for information on my own system, I've used grep to dig through
files and find little snippets of what I was looking for.

How did the old search engines work?   Lycos, WebCrawler, etc....

Can we get another search engine to index the site?   Brave browser search,
Yandex, ...?

I don't know if this forum software has features like that, that can be added
via a plugin or something else, or if there's another platform that everything
can be migrated to that does (I know, I know - you'd rather drink drano....)

Just wondering what the non-big-tech-search-engine options are.

-BW