POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a note about using Output_Alpha : Re: a note about using Output_Alpha Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a note about using Output_Alpha
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Feb 2023 10:40:00
Message: <web.63e90760a721fd59b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> Having gone over this topic quite a few times in the past, that was the
> way that I currently understood it - _NO_ background.
> searching for "transparent background" yields:
> About 419 results

Duh. :-(

I didn't even bother doing a search-- 'cause I thought I had discovered
something Earth-shattering, ha. Or that someone *may* have mentioned it in the
distant past-- maybe once-- but that it was buried in some obscure post. Mea
culpa.

> It has been suggested that we ought to have a "sticky note" section of the
> forum...

... or stuck to my monitor...along with 1000 others...

> Anyway, in the absence of that, I usually write often-used and often-forgotten
> code snippets into my own directory in the Insert Menu.

A fine idea-- as is your encyclopedic spreadsheet. I have a tendency to find
these things out while working on an 'unrelated' scene or idea...side-tracked,
in other words...but then my new-found 'eureka' tidbits of knowledge remain in
gobs of scene files where they began :-(  But I DID make a demo scene of THIS
little tidbit :-D

Now it's 420 results...