POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a note about using Output_Alpha : Re: a note about using Output_Alpha Server Time
16 Apr 2024 12:50:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a note about using Output_Alpha
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Feb 2023 10:00:00
Message: <web.63e8fe61a721fd51f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> But if there is no background *at all* in a scene, Output_Alpha can be used by
> itself and still work correctly.

Having gone over this topic quite a few times in the past, that was the way that
I currently understood it - _NO_ background.
searching for "transparent background" yields:
About 419 results

It has been suggested that we ought to have a "sticky note" section of the
forum, where we can have useful things posted and whole archives - Mike
Williams, Friedrich Lohmueller, etc.  Dunno if we have a FAQ or what state it's
in.

Anyway, in the absence of that, I usually write often-used and often-forgotten
code snippets into my own directory in the Insert Menu.
Because working code examples always trump any documentation. (at least in the
short term)

Perhaps it would be useful for folks to start a new thread on their favorite
code snippets, and we could assemble them into a nice little .zip file of text
documents in a Frequently Used Code Compilation.  Then it would all be right
there in a handy drop-down menu.

Because sometimes even we long time users need to reference
Frequently Used Code. QED.

- BW