POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Generating animation : Re: Generating animation Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Feb 2023 18:40:00
Message: <web.63e6d53123c5f45c9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> So you're using the quickres.ini as "the" .ini file to run the animation?
> That's pretty slick.

Gee, I thought *everyone* did it that way, by default! I've been using that
set-up ever since I made my first animation. Yes, I use it as a container for
almost every kind of command and switch that I need-- like Work_Threads,
Output_File_Type, Verbose, Output_Alpha, etc etc. Then I just comment them
on/off when needed (using a semicolon of course, not slash marks.) It seems to
be a nice quick way to invoke these things for me, even faster than command-line
settings.

> Is that in the docs somewhere, or did you find that in a post, or come up with
> it yourself?

I wish I could remember how I arrived at the idea; maybe it just seemed natural
at the time, instead of writing specific .ini files for specific scenes. Back
then, I probably didn't know much about .ini files themselves or how to use
them... so maybe it was a lucky discovery, by pure guesswork.

Yet, I've always wondered if my use of quickres.ini is an efficient way to
invoke these commands, compared to others' strategies.