POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Feb 2023 06:55:00
Message: <web.63e38c771f12570d9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> Hi,
> Last December, looking for something else, I cam across my scene from 2009:

> So, I started experimenting...and took the opportunity to improve
> several awkward coding aspects of the scene, in particular the textures.
> The final result is this.

I feel like I am standing right there on that majestic mountain. What a
beautiful and sublime image! I do remember your earlier versions too, which were
quite impressive.

I especially like what appears to be a hint of wind-blown snow in the air, in
front of one of your more distant craggy peaks, with the sunlight giving it a
hazy look there. It certainly adds to the scale of the scene, its vastness, and
the overall feeling of cold solitude. And realism!

The textures are superb too.

This image will go into my folder of 'extraordinary POV-ray renders'. Excellent
work.