POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:37:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region - revisited
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Feb 2023 13:40:00
Message: <web.63e29a071f12570d1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:

> OMG ! you did it again, that's some terrific improvement, of course I for one
> would love the code, but this would also be such a great addition to have an
> "official" tutorial on that "sub-heightfield" technique on the wiki !
> Thanks for not giving up on that inspiring old paused work !

I would agree on all points, as I have a somewhat related project that uses
bezier surfaces and the more I understand about this, the further along the
learning curve I'll be for puzzling out possible analogous solutions.

That's such a nice, simple scene that's come together _really_ well.

And, I would say, that given the amount of effort that you've put into creating
landscapes and the people and objects to give them scale and context - even a
Bill Pokorny - style "thinking out loud" guide about how you start and work
things out to the end would be of great value to a lot of people, and who knows
what else you might come up with while describing your usual workflow.

- BW