POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D : Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Feb 2023 06:25:00
Message: <web.63e234beef540dd71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Haaa, what I see !
> You started 3D reconstruction of Yes-related staff with photogrammetry ...
> Very interesting, but it seams to me implementation will be not easy, as we have
> only one-view here.

Yes, I would imagine that this merely sets us up for a situation much like
solving for acos (theta) - there are an infinite number of solutions, however
only one or two may make any sense, and we usually just go with the minimum
positive solution.

> I am completely new to photogrammetry, this is a good starting point, thanks.

How does this look?
https://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/hzbook/code/

Also, I think that Francois LeCoat might have a few tricks up his sleeve - he
seems to have been doing some pretty sharp work these past several years.

- BE