POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D : Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:52:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting 2D screen coordinates to 3D
From: yesbird
Date: 6 Feb 2023 21:00:00
Message: <web.63e1af9fef540dd780f94ee210800fb2@news.povray.org>
> Image of work so far attached.   It's halfway there, though I'm guessing at
> magic rotation angle numbers and just flying by the seat of my pants through
> intuition.
Haaa, what I see !
You started 3D reconstruction of Yes-related staff with photogrammetry ...
Very interesting, but it seams to me implementation will be not easy, as we have
only one-view here.

In any case, please tell me if I can help you with some Matlab's methods, you
know, I have one )

> related documents/threads:
>
> https://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~hartley/Papers/CVPR99-tutorial/tut_4up.pdf

https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/9244/solve-system-of-equations-related-to-perspective-projection

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/242661/finding-a-3d-transformation-matrix-based-on-the-2d-coordinates

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/455128/how-to-find-an-all-in-one-2d-to-3d-transformation-matrix-for-perspect
iv
> e-project

I am completely new to photogrammetry, this is a good starting point, thanks.