POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oscilloscope : Re: Oscilloscope Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oscilloscope
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Feb 2023 09:30:00
Message: <web.63e10df933e903b9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> On the screen changes being an issue. If we change the screen's finish
> to { emission 0 ambient 1 }, would we get the bright screen without any
> light contribution to radiosity? I don't know...?

Well, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it!), ambient
is now completely turned off when radiosity is used, so I can't test the idea in
v3.8. Only emission and diffuse are active.

I also thought about the 'no_radiosity' switch for certain objects. If the
oscilloscope screen is actually a separate object, maybe that would help?
Honestly, I'm not completely sure I understand that feature, from the docs'
description. But in my own test scene, I have a sky_sphere with a pigment; if I
add 'no_radiosity' to it, that does indeed turn off any radiosity-light
contribution from it.