POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Lab: plans and discussions : Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:53:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions
From: jr
Date: 2 Feb 2023 00:25:00
Message: <web.63db471f1a311230fbdc16836cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

as the substantive points have been made already, I just want to add ($0.02 and
all that):

> Two main goals attract me most of all:
> 1. Substitute Matlab's standart visualizations methods, which users are already
> familiar with, by POV-based methods providing better image quality, ...
> 2. Extend Matlab's visualization system with POV entities ...

assuming the "average" Matlab user not to know POV-Ray, and having to install it
first, I think it will be important that your software outputs complete,
ready-to-render scenes, that is, ideally generate sets of .pov and .ini files,
plus, perhaps where data "dictates", .inc(s), to enable the prospective Matlab
users to use your s/ware without having to know/learn anything about POV-Ray as
such.

regards, jr.