POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Borked diacritical marks : Re: Borked diacritical marks Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Borked diacritical marks
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Jan 2023 20:20:00
Message: <web.63d86c20b78816609b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

 (sorry, I hit the 'send message' button too early by mistake)

> > Doing another test, I've discovered that the web-portal 'editor' for writing
> > posts is where the problem lies-- it wipes out the sentence before sending it,
> > when the "Preview Message" button is pressed.
>
> The line may either still be there, and only visible in the newsreader (like
> Thunderbird), or you have to post it with a newsreader, and then it works.

I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine that I would have to use a
newsreader to *send* it, since the line disappears on my end before it's
actually sent.

A test:
The following sentence has a special character in one of the words. If you can
see it in Thunderbird, that would be useful to know. I will not see it using the
web portal, once it is posted: