POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts : Re: Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh rendering artifacts
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Jan 2023 19:05:00
Message: <web.63d708a1249f00761f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
TOK,

He posted his scene here :
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/attachment/%3Cweb.63d236cb249f00761ffa55cd10800fb2%40news.povray.org%3E/surface3.
pov.txt

I'm not sure how the data is generated from MatLab in order to be exported to
triangles for POV-Ray, but I'm thinking that it might be better to export the
geometry for the mesh separately, and then run a macro in POV-Ray to calculate
the normals and color interpolation - or use the gradient y pigment.

I'm guessing that the normals are probably ok (?) and it's just the hard-coded
colors getting interpolated that throws it all off.

I'd have to dig through it all to see - but after I just did some more sorting
macro stuff to handle the function timing (other thread), maybe I could try to
sort the triangle vertices into a grid so that they can be put into a 2D array
and then reprocessed.

Purely as a sorting macro exercise for myself, which might prove useful to
someone else int he future.