POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : almost a paralellagram : almost a paralellagram Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  almost a paralellagram
From: David Kraics
Date: 22 Jan 2023 06:15:00
Message: <web.63cd1a8e975f41801c1b6180a57e0@news.povray.org>
Hi guys, I'm back with another puzzle. I create objects but placing a jpeg of
the item on a prim and placing prims on the picture to match. In today's work I
am placing prims in order to difference out a window. The two sides are angled,
and match each other. The bottom is straight, but the top is at an angle. I use
a shape called wedge, that I made a couple decades ago, and almost have the
whole thing filled out. as below

#declare wedge=    //common wedge shape with 45 degree angle. One unit in size.
difference{
 box{<0,0,-.5>,<1,1,.5>}
 box{<0,-1,-1>,<2,2,1>
  rotate<0,0,45>
  translate<1,0,0>}
 }

union{
 object{wedge scale<.05,.48,.01> translate<2.02,.12,0>}
 object{wedge scale<.25,.05,.01> translate<1.77,.54,0>}
 object{wedge
  rotate<0,180,0>
  rotate<180,0,0>
  scale<.05,.48,.01> translate<1.77,.54,0>}
 box{<1.77,.12,-.01>,<2.02,.54,.01>}
 }

this leaves an oddly shaped chunk in the top left corner that my mind can't fill
in, at 6am in the morning. The side and top should meet, but the wedge won't
work. Any ideas?