POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Jan 2023 21:55:00
Message: <web.63c75ee013ac33282eadabda6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> A proximity pattern test. This type of proximity method can be quite noisy at
> times, depending on the number of samples used. This object got 12 samples and
> the scene took 35 seconds to render using low radiosity and focal blur settings.

This is the best example of the denoiser technique that you've posted so far,
IMO. I am amazed that it can discern true noise from your applied ground pattern
that looks *almost like* noise. The foreground detail looks nice and sharp.

It would be interesting to see this same scene denoised but without the original
focal blur-- to see at what point (if any!) in the receding distance the
denoiser might mistake the smaller and smaller actual ground pattern detail for
what it 'perceives' as noise. To see if the denoiser tries to blur it there when
it should not(?)

----
BTW: A few days ago, I downloaded your 2013 file "ToVolume: Object-To-Volume
Conversion and Rendering Process". It also has an interesting and much more
complex 'proximity' file included. I'm sorry to admit that I haven't yet played
around with your amazing proximity pattern :-( I'm still going through that file
to try and understand its workings; much of it is beyond my brain-power, ha.