POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Delaunay Triangulation : Re: Delaunay Triangulation Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delaunay Triangulation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Jan 2023 07:20:00
Message: <web.63c6925ad08d24331f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> It spits out duplicate triangles, so it took me a bit to write a post-process to
> weed those out and just get a list of the minimum number of triangles.  That
> part is still misbehaving

I have 3 numbers in a "vector": x, y, and z.
That gives me 6 permutations.
I check them all.
It's not floating point, because they're all integer array indexes, and I even
wrote a custom VEq to test abs (N1-N2) < Threshold and that didn't improve
matters.

So I'm left again puzzling over why simple things like this are seemingly so
hard to code in SDL, and why the equivalency tests work in most cases, and fail
in others.

I mean, I start out with 162 triangles from the naive delaunay triangulation,
and trim it down to 35 - but some still slip through.  :(

Pardon the code - it's got hacks and debugging cruft strewn all over the place
from trying to sort out all of the confusion.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'delaunaytriangulatetest2.pov.txt' (9 KB)