POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:33:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Samuel B
Date: 14 Jan 2023 19:55:00
Message: <web.63c34ed613ac3328f8c47d526e741498@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> That's a pretty amazing trick and result. Nicely done. (I still haven't yet
> dabbled with Blender, but it's on my 'bucket list'. Along with 100 other
> things...)
>
> Aside from the slightly off-color whites in this first denoised image (which you
> solved), I see a slight greenish halo around the upper-left emissive sphere. I
> guess that's to be expected from the heavy original focal blur and low
> blur_samples count. But the result actually looks to my eyes like what might
> happen with a real camera lens, using film. So I like it!
>
> And your later image with the normals et al is really nice.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks!

The denoiser is doing all the heavy lifting; everything else is pretty easy when
using just one pass.

Learning how to operate Blender might be worth it, even if only for its modeling
capabilities. But it's admittedly not an easy program to get into, mostly due to
the daunting interface. But it all starts to make sense and eventually shows
itself to be a good design choice once you learn the basics, imo :)

Sam