POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using "transmit all" with an image map : Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:01:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Jan 2023 04:15:00
Message: <web.63be7ceeeaa53b9c2eadabda6e066e29@news.povray.org>
> On 09.01.2023 23:38, Kenneth wrote:
>

> > In other words, does a value larger than 1.0 cause any 'clipping' in
> > the functions?
>
> I wouldn't expect any issues here as the color values are just some
> temporary numbers that the average pattern will divide by 4 again (in
> this case).

You are right about that. I just did a test with *extreme* values for the three
rgb color functions -- like <60,0,0> (!) , and of course compensated my
finish{ambient...} value-- and I don't see any visual difference at all when
compared to using <1,0,0>.

Thanks for putting my erroneous 'clipping' thought to rest, once and for all.

> Basically I aimed to make the pigment a drop-in replacement with same
> color values as the original image map.

Yes, that makes sense. No fiddling with the finish{...} values are required.