POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Voronoi helices : Re: Voronoi helices Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voronoi helices
From: Mr
Date: 10 Jan 2023 07:40:00
Message: <web.63bd5b7853014cd816086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > "Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > Perhaps move the closest helix even closer to the camera for an even more
> > > awe-inspiring close-up? -Just an idea to try...
> >
> > Great suggestion! I got somewhat blinkered by my original mental image. It
> > definitely needs a close-up, it's not obvious that the helices are greebled
> > unless you look carefully.
> >
> > Rendering an update now...
>
> Update rendered.

I was about to suggest higher contrast between cold and warm tones but this
second render does fix that. I also like this improved composition much better
Only one thing missing to me :
A story telling detail that would be small enough to be almost hidden but
provide a sudden sense of realistic scale once one spots it, whether the scale
is infinitely small (nanobots tech?) or huge... imagine just a couple of
dirt/garbage elements, blades of grass piercing through in some corner ? or even
a very tiny human sat down on one of the greebles opening ? a little bit of
texture work to the solid green and purple hues might then also be missing.