POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : prase error on WinXp : prase error on WinXp Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  prase error on WinXp
From: Leroy
Date: 4 Jan 2023 14:30:00
Message: <web.63b5d2dde81c0ba21950d6ebf712fc00@news.povray.org>
I ran this with POV3.7 on my Xp 32bit and it crashed half way through
with a cannot parse Error.

#declare Thing=box{-1,1}
#for(i,-2048,2048)
 #for(j,-2048,2048)
   object{Thing pigment{rgb 1} translate <i,j,0> }
 #end
#end

That computer has about a gig of memory.

I also used {box{-1,1} pigment{rgb 1} translate <i,j,0> }
 It crashed sooner.

I ran it with POV3.7 on my windows 10 64bit and it ran fine.
This computer has about 8 gig of memory.

which was the most important reason, memory size or bit count?