POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Voronoi helices : Re: Voronoi helices Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:02:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voronoi helices
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Jan 2023 19:05:00
Message: <web.63b36fbd53014cd8b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
> A wee bit less fog, or a steeper gradient so that some more of the background
> "pops"

I wanted the background specifically faint compared to the foreground, to
emphasize its scale and keep it separate from the foreground. It was difficult
to keep it faint enough to suggest size but still visible enough to show it off.
The fog is actually a ground fog ('down' away from the camera), with a media
container for the foreground. I wanted sunbeams but the bright background hides
them unfortunately.

> Maybe angle the camera to get a more lengthwise view

Smoke and mirrors I'm afraid - not much to see outside the frame!

> I like the red/green duality.

Yes, I had to color the strands differently, they looked like chains otherwise.
Red and green seemed appropriate given the blue background.

> Have the red one be a dry, hot dessicated region, and the green one be lush
> with vegetation.   Do something to add things to the upper horizontal parts.
> Ice, fire, plants, water....  One tech, on primitive / luddite?

Steady on, I'll be at it until 2024!

> Milla Jovovitch?

Now we're talking. Anyone got a suitable Poser model? And some zombies of
course!