POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using "transmit all" with an image map : Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:38:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Jan 2023 16:10:00
Message: <web.63b1f655eaa53b9c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Yep the premultiplied feature was the first thing I tried when I noticed that
> things weren't working the way I expected.

Well then you are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY ahead of me in that respect,
because I was blissfully unaware the mere existence of such a keyword.

> What I should have done from the beginning is write the program in C which is
> more suitable for this project. But it's pretty much done now and this is a
> minor problem that I've been able to work around. The explanation from Mister
> Lipka is very interesting though.

What you should have done from the beginning is _upgrade to version 3.8_.

Go do that now.

.... waiting ...

Are you done?   Good.   Everything should be working now.   :D

tl;dr

The only other thing I can think of would be to try and render each of the
images as an image_map with a transparent background in POV-Ray, and use those
renders instead of the original images.

POV-Ray can't control the render size/resolution from within SDL, BUT I think
there might be a way using an ini file and a test in the SDL to check for the
existence of a file to write the image size to an ASCII file (overwrite the ini
file) on the first pass (frame 1 of an animation) and then maybe the rewritten
ini file will use that info on the second pass to render the image at the proper
size.

Steal some code from the insert menu render scripts, and I think you might be
able to process all of the images.   In fact, I think there's code in those
insert render scripts to read the desired render size of each image from the SDL
code or something....   It was clever....