POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using "transmit all" with an image map : Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:38:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 1 Jan 2023 15:25:00
Message: <web.63b1ebceeaa53b9ca65171949334df62@news.povray.org>
> Have you tried adding "premultiplied off" in between the filename and "transmit
> all" ?
>
> Seems to work for me.

Yep the premultiplied feature was the first thing I tried when I noticed that
things weren't working the way I expected. According to the discussion in 2016,
Mister Lipka explained the source of the problem and corrected it in version
3.71. I don't consider myself to be a suitable beta tester (it took me over nine
years to discover this issue) so I'm using version 3.7.

What I should have done from the beginning is write the program in C which is
more suitable for this project. But it's pretty much done now and this is a
minor problem that I've been able to work around. The explanation from Mister
Lipka is very interesting though.