POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using "transmit all" with an image map : Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map Server Time
16 Apr 2024 07:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using "transmit all" with an image map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Dec 2022 06:50:00
Message: <web.63aecf6eeaa53b9c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Using a paint program to adjust the transparency is what I'm currently doing to
> achieve the result that I want but it's not a perfect solution because of the
> number of images involved. I'm using the "transmit all" feature to animate some
> elements of a website mockup animation that fade in and fade out, such as
> buttons and pop-ups and such. Images that don't require different levels of
> transparency work great and I can use "transmit all," and only one copy of the
> image needs to be made. But images that require part of the image to be fully
> transparent exhibit the problem in the image posted above, so I can't use
> "transmit all" and I have to make many copies of the image with the varying
> levels of transparency which is very tedious. That's why I was curious if there
> was a better way so I just thought I'd ask. I should have a sample animation
> ready to post soon that will make this more clear. It's a fun project.

This seems to be very weird behaviour.  Have you checked somehow to see that the
alpha channel isn't as fully transparent as you think or is corrupted in some
way?
A graphics editor with an eyedropper tool usually displays the rgbt values.

Not sure if this well help, and it's a hacky workaround, but maybe you can use
different image mapped shapes - like a cylinder or disc for the ABBA image?  Or
use intersection or difference?  Just a thought.

Also make sure your scene is set up correctly.   Not sure about that background
statement.   I'd kill that and put up a plane or other object, just to see if
there isn't some strange under-the-hood thing going on with those
angle-independent keywords.

Good luck,

BE