POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2D function to 3D tube : Re: 2D function to 3D tube Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:51:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D function to 3D tube
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Dec 2022 16:50:00
Message: <web.63a37f2f560d61681f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:

> The meshmaker.inc that comes with Povray 3.7 works definitely great.
> To make it a bit clearer where the problem is see:
>
> T_HeartCurve_00a1.png
>
> The glitch is somewhere in my Povray script.
>
> And I can't find out where.
>
> Any ideas?

I usually kinda suck at this unless I've been doing it for some period of time.

I'm just gonna guess that you need to emulate the way a torus is described
parametrically.

Wolfram gives:

 (c-sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2+z^2=a^2,
(1)
and the parametric equations are

x = (c+acosv)cosu
(2)
y = (c+acosv)sinu
(3)
z = asinv

With c = major radius, a = minor radius, and probably swap y & z axes.

In the Isosurface Tutorial, Mike states that he has a scene that emulates a
sphere sweep and always makes the cross section perpendicular to the spline
axis.  So maybe you can find that file and see what he does.

I posted a zip of all the files here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.off-topic/message/%3C60a2d177%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C60a2d177%40news.povray.org%3E