POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spherical Glass Sculpture : Re: Spherical Glass Sculpture Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:05:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Glass Sculpture
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Dec 2022 09:50:00
Message: <web.639f27a3a25db19cb96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
This is great.

I too am having trouble seeing where the light probe starts and the rendered
scene ends - I assume the trees and sky are part of the environment, but I can't
tell with the building (particularly with those POV logos!).

I love the concept for the sphere, but it seems curiously hard to comprehend,
visually speaking. Although I suspect a real-life version would look similarly
weird until one got close up to it. Great work with the rocks, I like a good
POVRay boulder - having tried myself, I can appreciate how hard they are to get
looking real.

Also, I appreciate the detail views - were they dedicated zoomed renders, or was
 the original large enough that you could crop them out?

Bill