POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : What is difference bt Release-AVX and Release Solution configuration in win= : What is difference bt Release-AVX and Release Solution configuration in win= Server Time
18 Apr 2024 00:56:51 EDT (-0400)
  What is difference bt Release-AVX and Release Solution configuration in win=
From: kamalasubha
Date: 8 Dec 2022 12:50:00
Message: <web.6392236ed08a77ab95a6cf0bc446b3c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I tried installing the latest release - POV-Ray Beta Release v3.8.0-beta.2 using
the installer
<https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/download/v3.8.0-beta.2/povwin-v3.8.0-beta.2-setup.exe>.
It installs and the bin directory from the installed path shows the following
set of executables 1) pvengine.exe 2) pvengine64.exe 3) pvengine-sse2.exe.

When I was checking the source code for the respective installer
<https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/archive/refs/tags/v3.8.0-beta.2.zip>, I could
see windows shows the following set of build configurations 1) Debug 2) Release
3) Release-AVX 4) Release-SSE2.

I am able to map Release-SSE2 generates
pvengine-sse2.exe. But, which solution configuration generates pvengine.exe and
pvengine64.exe? Whether it is Release or Release-AVX? Kindly help me on this.