POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 syntax clarification : Re: mesh2 syntax clarification Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:04:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 syntax clarification
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Dec 2022 20:05:00
Message: <web.6391380a855140c41f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Surfed around a bit more.

Looks like some of the code out there has checks for degenerate objects, so a
degenerate triangle check / flag / excision might be a good feature.

Just going to plop these here as a historical record (some are looking quite
old) and perhaps to inspire some ideas.

A sphere-and-cylinder wireframe representation would be a great adaptation too.

I'm not sure how the mesh2 code works under the hood, but I'm wondering if a
vertex-order checking needs to be done to ensure the proper ordering of the
vertices so that the face normals are in the correct direction.

https://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/HgPovray38

https://gist.github.com/monkstone/1639360

https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/doxygen/POV3DisplayDevice_8C-source.html

http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_Mesh2_en.htm