POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Artifacts when tracing somewhat high degree poly : Re: Artifacts when tracing somewhat high degree poly Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:06:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artifacts when tracing somewhat high degree poly
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Dec 2022 07:00:00
Message: <web.638f2dc099cae61a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
It looks like you're doing everything right, and jr's use of the rendering
option sure helped.

The only other things I can think of are changing the incident ray angles a bit
by moving the poly or camera

But I think that maybe this is an accuracy thing with the roots of the equation,
so maybe since the surface is infinitely thin, do something like creating a very
thin shell using "abs(Function (x, y, z)) - a very small value".

The other thing you could try is make it an isosurface and see if somehow that
works any better.  You can also employ the shell method with that as well.

That's all I've got right now.

Very cool surface, by the way   :)
I might look at this for inspiration if I ever fool around with refining my
modeling of the "schist disk" again.