POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? : Re: Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:04:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle - are we bored yet?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Nov 2022 20:45:00
Message: <web.6386b54d7dc652cc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> Op 28/11/2022 om 17:19 schreef jr:
> > hi,
> >
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> [sound of drumming fingers on table surface]
> >> I am waiting... :-)
> >
> > </grin>  me too.  the (elegant) maths stuff is way beyond me, but the first
> > "warts" image is amazing, out of 2D make 3.  "magic".  :-)
> >

> Indeed, yes. Applications suggest themselves but... the magicians need
> to do their thing and all kind of noisome smells, weird sounds, and
> flickering lights are recorded from the Forbidden Grove in Moonless
> nights. ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

I have it worked out conceptually, and now need to refactor my development scene
and do some actual math if it's going to be a real pigment {function {} } kinda
thing.

A variation on that would be a refinement of Bill P's excellent solution to this
problem - something along the lines of this:
https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/727000/equation-of-intersection-of-two-cones
Unless I brainstorm a simpler way.

A "render it to make an image file that can be tiled infinitely" would be
forthcoming WAY sooner.  Maybe.

I have food and garden produce processing projects pending, am finalizing the
restoration of an heirloom 110 year old table, it's the Seasonal rush at work
--- and we just had someone killed in their forklift, so that has made things -
more complicated than usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3DvFkUOOZQ

Also I haven't coded a scene this complex in a while, I have misplaced the Dried
Frog Pills, and I need to transcend the fact that - I'm an imbecile.   ;)

But I'm getting ideas as I type, so as usual, the situation is - fluid.

All the best to everyone, their families and friends, as 2022 comes to a close,
and the imminent arrival of The Global Circus of 2023 draws near.

- BE