POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Impending Moray Source Release : Re: Impending Moray Source Release Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Moray Source Release
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Nov 2022 08:35:00
Message: <web.637f7249b7839011f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Just for now, a very /basic/ wish for the new Moray, one that every
> Moray user will approve I am sure:
>

> * Make the GUI /left-handed/ instead of /right-handed/. *

I approve in the sense that I disapprove of locking the users into exactly the
opposite basis vectors.

If we would like to make the New Moray something useful and enduring, then I
would say that if all of the operations proceed from first principles, assuming
virtually nothing, then all of the operations can be generalized and it will be
as flexible and trouble-free as we can manage, possibly allowing things we might
not imagine when building it.

So I say, proceed from a configuration file or control panel, where the x, y,
and z vectors can be specified like in a matrix {}.  Then you can do whatever
you want.   Else, I can imagine the very first thing someone somewhere will
complain about is that they wanted to use Moray for something and - dammit - why
is it only LEFT handed???!  Can the developers make it so I can use it right
handed....?

Then we can see what Francois Le Coat does with it.  :D