POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle : Crackle Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:35:25 EDT (-0400)
  Crackle
From: Chris R
Date: 11 Nov 2022 10:00:00
Message: <web.636e627393b68ffd7aaec48e5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
I like to use the crackle pattern for creating stone pavers for floors, rough
stone walls, etc. I use the pattern to outline the stones in an isosurface, and
then apply a texture on it.

This all works well if I want the stones to be of a uniform type, but I haven't
found an effective way to do this when I want some variations in the types of
stones.  I do something similar with brick walls and floors, but since bricks
have a regular shape, I can use warp repeats to ensure that individual bricks
have a consistent texture, but are randomized between bricks.

Has anyone come up with a trick to do something similar with irregular patterns
like crackle?  I usually end up using some sort of random pigment pattern with
the different textures I want to apply, (see the image below), and then
scale/rotate/translate it to match the stones as best I can, but there is always
bleeding between them.

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: