POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Floor" plane with tiled/checkered image : "Floor" plane with tiled/checkered image Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:04:41 EDT (-0400)
  "Floor" plane with tiled/checkered image
From: neri-engineering
Date: 25 Oct 2022 00:25:00
Message: <web.6357642a1bb86b5b5b7d57295087cf4f@news.povray.org>
I'm just trying to create an infinite "floor" (plane) which uses a JPEG image,
attached for reference, and named "wood.jpg".

For example I can create a floor of two difference colors in a checkered pattern
like this:

plane {
  y, 0
  pigment {
    checker color Brown, color Violet
    scale 13
  }
}

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to use the image "wood.jpg"
for each of the checker boxes.  Tried using "checker" keyword, tried various
other things, I can create mesh2 objects with UV-mappings and apply a custom
texture like so:

mesh2 {
  mesh_name
  uv_mapping
  pigment {
    image_map {
      png "cut-chapstick-label.png"
      map_type 0
    }
  }
}

But the moment I try to apply a similar strategy to my floor, I get stretched
image in one of the directions.

Normally I would find the answer by experimentation and/or research but in this
case I feel like I'm on the brink of insanity trying to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wood.jpg' (31 KB)