POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's : Re: A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's Server Time
24 Apr 2024 11:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A (slight) touch of the Beksinski's
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 21 Oct 2022 14:15:00
Message: <web.6352e1747c83e4909883ad58c9cc1e6f@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> "Simon J. Cambridge" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi folks. I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would post this and see
> > what you all thought of it. It is also on my website (www.landofthefirst.com -
> > along with a few other new pieces).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Simon J. Cambridge
>
> This is very cool.  I like the black and white feel to it, which makes the trees
> in the background very dramatic.
>
> What did you use to model those trees?
>
> -- Chris R.

Hi Chris,

Thank you. The trees were the easiest part, down to a nice little java app
called Arbaro. You can get it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arbaro/

I have been using it for years.

> Good to see more of your work again! The first one is disquieting to say
> the least (like Beksinski's work; thanks for bringing our attention to
> him!) but this second one is frankly scary indeed. I got the shivers
> running down my spine and my heart is galloping :-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi Thomas, and thank you also.

I have been busy writing, and it tends to overshadow everything else. And yes,
Beksinski is a true master. Probably one of the most disquieting artists out
there. (No formal training, I believe. Started as an architect, but found he did
not enjoy it. Took up photography, then painting, then went digital.)

Cheers,

Simon.