POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop : Re: Wood program but still develop Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood program but still develop
From: And
Date: 23 Aug 2022 05:45:00
Message: <web.6304a0c35b6ed2442316af7aa81652d@news.povray.org>
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> I didn't read this paper (yet), but it just showed up in my email inbox.
> Maybe it will inspire some ideas, serve as an entry to other similar research
> papers, and be of some practical use in developing your challenging project.
>
> (I hadn't thought of using L-systems!)
>
> -BW

Oh, ... I wouldn't like to make any detailed tree trunk "3D Model"(that is
another
challenge), I just generate a (3D)texture. I implement my texture in POV-Ray,
outputing "pigment {...}" as its final form.

Maybe I will release that next version in two - three weeks, I have completed a
little bit new feature, which can adjust earlywood-latewood ratio(varying during
year) as you suggest.