POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering topographic data : Re: Rendering topographic data Server Time
18 Apr 2024 04:58:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering topographic data
From: Leroy
Date: 4 Aug 2022 14:15:00
Message: <web.62ec0b7279c4acd7bfc65818f712fc00@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> Some time around 20 years ago I had a system by which I could download
> USGS topographic data and convert it to a POV-Ray height field. This was
> on a Macintosh running OS 9, I think.
> I am now on Windows 11 and I have lost all of my old POV-Ray files for
> reference.

I did the same thing but I was lucky. Through all those years and computer
upgrades. I still have the folders that has all the tools that I used and the
dems from 'USGA'(I think) I'm sure that there are better tools out there
now.Somewhere!
 But if worst comes to worst you can have them. They are for windows. I started
with win 3.1 and the last time I use them I had XP or 98, I think.
Have Fun!