POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Minimum Distance Function : Re: Minimum Distance Function Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Distance Function
From: jceddy
Date: 14 Jul 2022 23:25:00
Message: <web.62d0ddd76fb4e448864166f75d51d79c@news.povray.org>
> Implemented Proximity() now for:
>
> Mesh
> Sphere
> Box
> Triangle
> Plane
> Disc
> Cone (includes cylinder)

Found a bug in the bounding box tree traversal code I wrote that made it so
Mesh::Proximity() was checking any triangle whose BBox overlapped the sample
BBox in the x direction, fixing it to narrow down by y and z directions as well
sped it up considerably. XD

Anyone want to hazard a methodology for implementing Proximity() for Blob,
Bicubic Patch, or perhaps for any of the CSG shapes? (or any shape I haven't
listed above for that matter?)