POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh2 Tools : Re: Mesh2 Tools Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Tools
From: Chris R
Date: 1 Jul 2022 12:00:00
Message: <web.62bf190ae9de8f10833fbc6f5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Il 29/06/2022 22:50, Chris R ha scritto:
>
>  >> The code isn't completely done yet.  The example cheats in that the
> paper never
>  >> curls around into a spiral.  I need to figure out how to do that
> effectively,
>  >> and then I could have some nice partially open scrolls for my scene.
>   I'd also
>  >> like to work on some transformations that could "wrinkle" the paper in
>  >> interesting ways as well.
>  >>
>  >> -- Chris R.
>  >
>  > I figured out the code to spiral for longer curls...
>  >
>  > -- Chris R.
>
> Both the images are interesting, with a few work you can also generate
> parchment scrolls.
>
> Paolo

A very simple version of parchment.  I also added the ability to create bends in
the paper that are only partial, (i.e. not completely folded over).  With the
noise function added in, and a texture overlay that adds the aging, it looks
pretty good.

Still need to work on subdividing faces in the smaller creases...

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'meshtest.png' (408 KB)