POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh2 Tools : Re: Mesh2 Tools Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:40:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Tools
From: Chris R
Date: 30 Jun 2022 10:50:00
Message: <web.62bdb792e9de8f10833fbc6f5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> > For a new project, I wanted to model pieces of paper with curled edges, ...
>
> v nice.
>

> > I'd also
> > like to work on some transformations that could "wrinkle" the paper in
> > interesting ways as well.
>
> or "fold", am thinking origami.  (I'd be interested in the corresponding code
> :-))
>

> regards, jr.

I added a primitive "folding" capability to the code.  Right now it really only
works for one fold at a time in a given region.  I need to play around with it
so you can fold already folded regions.

As you can see, the smaller the bending radius, the more points you need in the
mesh2 grid to avoid jagged edges along the fold.  I need to explore a more
efficient representation of the mesh and some code for sub-dividing the faces in
just those regions to avoid having a million faces in a single sheet of paper.

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'meshtest.png' (445 KB)