POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha : Re: Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:04:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Jun 2022 20:10:00
Message: <web.62b8f4fabeadc5eb1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > A view of the whole ship, as it is now.
>
> I wish there'd been an image of that same aspect, for every step along the way,
> it would allow one to assemble a time lapse sequence.  (looking forward to masts
> + rigging  :-))
>

> regards, jr.

A good idea for many projects.

I've done a sort of "buildup" approach for scenes or complicated objects that
would lend itself to this even at this stage.

Basically every step is a numeric level, and if a value (the clock) is equal to
or greater than that level, the object {} gets rendered.

There might be a way to "delete" selected steps to show how modifications and
corrections were made.

Anyway, I'm sure he can easily do some editing to accomplish this.

Seeing the code or a description of how some of the more interesting objects
were created is always educational.   :)

-BW