POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Why don't shadows get blurry after a certain distance? ("Distance Field Sha= : Why don't shadows get blurry after a certain distance? ("Distance Field Sha= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:39:32 EDT (-0400)
  Why don't shadows get blurry after a certain distance? ("Distance Field Sha=
From: HackerDaGreat57
Date: 3 Jun 2022 23:55:00
Message: <web.629ad72c39a252e62dae6647fefbff93@news.povray.org>
I was just rendering the Biscuit sample and found something strange: The shadows
on objects don't get blurrier as they get farther away from the object.

If your mind is completely foggy and you are confused and don't know what I'm
talking about, take a look at this Unreal Engine 4 documentation page:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/BuildingWorlds/LightingAndShadows/RayTracedDistanceFieldShadowing/