POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera position for spline object : Re: Camera position for spline object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:48:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera position for spline object
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 May 2022 06:30:00
Message: <web.628b6111c53419751f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Aj" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I created a spline object using the following code, but I could not get the
> proper camera position. I was wondering if there is some systematic way to
> figure out the camera position, and angle and look at vectors for a given shape.

Yours might be easier, given that you have the grid locations on axes to guide
you.

Try imagining how the image you posted could be rotated in reverse to straighten
the axes in the camera frustrum, and use those transforms on the object.
The actual camera position might be a bit of trial and error to get exactly
right.

The look_at position might be obtained by extrapolating the x/z grid ticks and
applying that inverse rotate transform.

Maybe Francois LeCoat has a clever solution, as this seems right up his alley,
or TOK has some words/code lines of wisdom to offer.