POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera position for spline object : Re: Camera position for spline object Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:54:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera position for spline object
From: jr
Date: 23 May 2022 03:55:00
Message: <web.628b3d22c5341975879e196a6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Aj" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I created a spline object using the following code, but I could not get the
> proper camera position. I was wondering if there is some systematic way to
> figure out the camera position, and angle and look at vectors for a given shape.
> Or is it just trial and error?

the latter, I guess, based on knowledge of object's approximate location +
dimensions.  hope to find time to try your code, but for a simple, recent
animation I needed to move the camera back to accommodate the object growing
larger.  have a look at the camera in 'ulam2.pov' (at end of file), its location
is updated in every frame.  while different in detail, perhaps it can serve as
"food for thought".  hth.
<http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.6240f11b8a870000fc0c8de6cde94f1%40news.povray.org%3E/u
lam2.zip>

regards, jr.