POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Characters for Master of Puppets Font : Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 7 Apr 2022 15:30:00
Message: <web.624f3ad380354cb3ee1b05ae607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> The definition of the ComputeCornerLength macro ends with:
>
> abs (L0 * cos (radians (MiddleAngle)));
>
> It should be something like:
>
> (abs (L0 * cos (radians (MiddleAngle))))
>
> given it's calculating a return value.

Thank you Bill! That works for version 3.7 and I hope it works for everyone else
as well. I posted the updated file. It's been my experience that different
macros seem to need to return values in different ways, and each macro requires
some experimentation to figure what will work for that particular one. Sometimes
the semicolon needs to be inside the macro, sometimes it needs to be outside,
sometimes the parenthesis method works and sometimes not, and I even have one
macro that I use regularly that can't seem to return a value at all - I have to
assign the value to a global variable inside the macro then access that
variable. I guess that's one of the charms of the particular build of POV-Ray
that I'm using.

Regarding the bounded_by feature, I made that particular object so long ago that
I don't even remember if I was using the command line switches or not. The
Metallica logo was the first object I made with POV-Ray about thirty years ago.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston