POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moonlight : Re: Moonlight Server Time
24 Apr 2024 11:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moonlight
From: Mr
Date: 28 Mar 2022 08:50:00
Message: <web.6241ae8797e5606316086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > > Indeed.
> > >
> > > what are those light points beyond the blinds?
> > >
> > My guess : a texture from skys.inc applied to a sky_sphere and no actual
> > ground outside.
>
> You stole my thunder!
>
> Pretty close; I don't use skys.inc, but I rolled my own star-sphere and forgot
> to put a ground plane outside the window.
>
> However, I haven't gone to fix it, because it also looks like the room is in a
> tall building looking out over city lights, so I decided to keep it that way.
>
> -- Chris R.

I like the first shot, and also the sheve with plant composition, even better.
Such a scene should be unforgiving to non linearworflows (gamma 1 +srgb colors +
inverse square lights attenuation (new _0 model) + postrendered gamma 2.2)

Did you use no radiosity at all? because all of it seems really too dark. if you
activate it, make sure to give the sky_sphere a night horizion tint. An overall
raileigh scattering media may help the moonlight source bleed wider, and maybe
bloom slightly from side of the frame if placed properly.