POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : VSCode Extension - Render Error Output : Re: VSCode Extension - Render Error Output Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:56:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VSCode Extension - Render Error Output
From: kennebel
Date: 11 Mar 2022 18:55:00
Message: <web.622be10f8de14cd8ace99571a96b55c3@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for reviving the extension, but now that I made the switch I
> noticed the pov binary path field and gave its path, so expected one step less
> to make it work just by clicking the pov icon after that but no, I just got the
> info message of the attached capture showing all provided settings. So are we
> expected to create a build task by hand in a json file ?

Woohoo! My first bug report for this project! I don't have a modern mac, so
couldn't test. (also, i wasn't even sure anyone would install/use it, thinking i
was stealing from the previous author) Now that I know someone is, I'll have to
see if i get get that mac mini that is sitting in a box running again.

In the meantime, please feel free to email me (jac### [at] kennebelcom), and we can
sort out what I missed on the Mac side, try some fixes, and get it working again
for you/mac users too!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, i'll keep poking at the switches to get
the output. I'm sure it will work, just need to sit down and really look at it.
:) I really want to make this extension useful again, and learn a few things
along the way.