POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ulam Spiral fun : Re: Ulam Spiral fun Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:06:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ulam Spiral fun
From: jr
Date: 8 Mar 2022 09:35:00
Message: <web.622769428a870000ed36e5cb6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> GAAAAAHHHHH.....
>
> TOA, CWD, RMcG......

heh, you missed CSV, AA, _and_ p.b.a.  :-)

> So you wanna follow the bouncing prime ball as it spirals around the origin and
> keep the whole spiral in the view frustrum?
>
> Would any of those camera spline macros be of use?

not too sure yet, need to look this over, thanks for the ref.  from my
lack-of-know-how perspective, roughly, I think of two circles, both approx
around origin, the smaller for the look_at, a larger for the location; the
larger more (shallow) helix, ie I would like from clock 0 to 1 for both
diameters to slowly increase, and the location to "lift", so that the effect is
like zooming out, taking in more + more of the plane.  thinking the movement
should be clockwise (while the spiral gets drawn counter-clockwise).  anyway,
near the end one should have a "bird's eye" view of the spiral.  (I'm reasonably
sure it's not very difficult, but you know of .. my limitations :-))

regards, jr.