POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : USaF : Re: USaF Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:02:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: USaF
From: jr
Date: 8 Mar 2022 09:15:00
Message: <web.62276411beff9265ed36e5cb6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> In Windows 10 with latest Firefox browser, there appears to be no video when I
> try to download it; Firefox says...
>
> "No video with supported format and MIME type found"
>
> As a trial, I 'downloaded' my own recent animation in the newsgroups,
> "media_spline_art_test_A_ 2_25_22".  Firefox itself immediately starts to play
> it as a preview (rather than 'downloading' it, which is now an extra step.) But
> I just wanted to test another video against yours, to try and figure out where
> the problem lies. Maybe your animation has no actual content? Or has some type
> of encoding problem? I thought you would want to know.

thank you, yes, do want to know.  :-)  fwiw, I downloaded the vid (via Chrome
browser) to an Android + it plays alright in VLC.  (whether there's "content" is
open to debate :-) but if you cannot convince yr s/ware to play it, hope the zip
archive will work)

> Who knows, maybe the problem is with Firefox itself (?)

"computers are like air conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows."
(read this in someone's signature block once)

regards, jr.