POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Friday Afternoon Doodle : Re: Friday Afternoon Doodle Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday Afternoon Doodle
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Mar 2022 18:50:00
Message: <web.6226991515dda32b4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> ...what is the trick for getting the shape to
> > taper or scale so nicely? IIRC, it is something relatively simple-- but I
> > can't remember what :-(
>
> IIRC, I emailed you a copy of Mike Williams' isosurface tutorial, which is no
> longer on the internet.   :(  Not sure if I can post .odt or .pdf files to this
> server anywhere...
>
> I think what you're looking for is under "variable substitution" or something
> similar.

Yes, I remember reading part of that last year! So I re-read our email
exchanges... but there's no attachment there(!) :-(  Damn. I've been looking all
over my Win10 computer today for that tutorial, but can't find it. I'm thinking
that *maybe* you posted it to a newsgroup thread instead(?), sometime prior to
April 2021. But I haven't had any luck searching the newsgroups either. Bummer!
I know I have it *somewhere*...