POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : isosurface functions : Re: isosurface functions Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:02:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface functions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Mar 2022 14:05:00
Message: <web.6222622d8c6c70ad1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
 the problem area. contained_by{ sphere{0,5*Radius scale<1, 1000, 1>} }

> Sorry, I should have been clearer in labeling the variables.  For any given
> object, Radius and Height are fixed values, while x, y, and z vary over the
> isosurface boundaries.  So, pow(y/Height,2) and sqrt(y/Height) both range
> between 0 at y=0 and 1 at y=Height.

I'd say that it's likely a math problem rather than an isosurface problem.

Best bet is to post a sample scene so we can render it and play with the
equations.

Also, what I would do in debugging my own code would be to graph the values of
the terms and the overall expression in a spreadsheet, and see if anything is
revealed.

- Bill