POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation test-- compression encoding schemes : Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation test-- compression encoding schemes
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Feb 2022 07:20:00
Message: <web.62123149972028b94cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> agree with TdG, impressive.  (any darker and I'd suspect burning car tires :-))

Ha! Yes, that can easily be done too; one of my tests looked like that.

> works here, using 'ffplay' (part of 'ffmpeg') on Slackware Linux, and on Android
> using VLC, the Chromebook too plays it.

Good to know! Thanks for the feedback.

> may David Buck can chip in.  I was (seriously) impressed by his recent coding
> demo which came in at only ~1.2M.  (wouldn't mind knowing the "magic" settings)

ANY help would be useful ;-) Trying to fathom the intricacies of this
compression stuff-- AND container formats -- is like reading 'Moby Dick' in
Sanscrit. In fact, the more I read about all of it, the more confusing it gets.
There are HD video transmission standards, rgb vs. Rec 709 (and 601) standards,
DVD standards, Blu_Ray standards, etc etc...

:-O